Saturday, March 14, 2009

5 a.m. and ER visits

Not a lot happening in Fisher-land, but here's an update nonetheless. Currently I am sitting at work wishing someone would wheel in a stretcher and let me sleep for 6 more hours. 5 a.m. shifts should not be legal. I rolled out of bed this morning at 3:30 hoping it was all a dream. It wasn't. So here I sit, taking calls from the sick and the weary....oh, and the insane. Who calls the hospital at 5 a.m. on a Saturday (or ANY day for that matter)? Surprisingly, lots of people. If you are one of them, I suggest you stop. No one wants to talk to you at 5 in the morning, not even your great aunt Ethel...and especially not the hospital operator who doesn't know you, or Ethel, from Adam. I would appreciate your cooperation.

Dan just finished his Fire Officer I class. Yay, I might get to see him on his days off! He spent ridiculous amounts of hours doing ridiculous amounts of homework. When he wasn't doing homework, he was in class once or twice per week for 9 hours. He feels like he passed the final exam, but he won't know for a month. Next week he will be applying for the driver engineer position. He does not think he will get the position because he has the least time out of any of the guys applying. It's a pretty long and semi-hard interview process. It takes two days. One day for the written exam one day for the practical exam, with lots of math calculations in your head. Good thing he's a smart. I have trouble adding 2+2 in my head, much less dividing the size of a fire into 40 parts and multiplying it by how many gallons of smoke the neighborhood has inhaled because of one guys awesome idea to make his own fireworks. Brilliant. I'm sure Dan will do just fine. Even if he doesn't get the job, he'll know the drill for next time. I'm so proud of him and love to watch how dedicated he is. Dan knows what it feels like to wake up in the morning and NOT absolutely dread going to work. I'd love to feel that just ONCE. One day is all I'm asking for here. Hmmm, no such luck on my end.

In other news, we spent 3 hours in the ER last night with my mom. She was riding a unicycle and fell off and hit her head. Psych. No she wasn't. She hasn't been on a unicycle for years.
She thought she had a blood clot in her leg. Good news, she's fine. No blood clot....but still a sore, hot, swollen leg with no diagnosis. She was mortified to think that she actually went to the hospital and wasn't really sick. Better safe than dead my friend. Everyone was very nice and assured her they would have come in if they had the same symptoms as well. I sense a little bit of her dad in her. I had to beg her to go to the hospital...even while we were on the WAY to the hospital. I'm going to have to send her to Caleen's if she keeps this up =).

That's all the news I have for you. If my camera worked I would upload new photos. Instead I will have to dig through my archives and find something wonderful.

The G's

No comments: