Monday, May 14, 2012

My first real Mother's Day!

My first Mother's day was a success! Dan made it so special. It started the night before with fancy cupcakes from Ye Olde Cupcake Shoppe. Yum! Chocolate mint and Rocky Road were my favorites.
The next morning he made me breakfast burritos. Sausage and eggs smothered in 5lbs of cheese with a nice warm tortilla. Hit the spot.
Then he had a picture of Mason blown up to an 8X10 with a sign that said "Happy First Mother's Day Mommy!" Adorable I tell you. He also made me a cute card and had it printed with pictures of Mason and us on it.
Then he made me a smilebox that had our story with pictures. Here's how the story went in his words:

Once upon a time a handsome genius took a beautiful princess to a castle far far away.
For 9 years it was just the two of them.
Then one day they had a perfect baby boy named Mason.
And he rocked their friggin' world!
And they lived happily ever after.
Happy Mother's Day.

That sums up the last 9 years of our life right there! 

Dan also let me take a nap (my one request when he asked what I wanted!), and also did laundry and dishes.

But the best gift of all cannot be seen, it can only be felt. What is it? An unclogged milk duct. Hallelujah! 

I feel so blessed to be a mommy and a wife. THIS is what life is all about. This is what I prayed for and hoped for all my life and I am so happy to have it all.