Thursday, January 7, 2010

Non-new year resolutions

I usually don't make new year resolutions. A year seems like a long time and a lot can change in a 12 month period. These are some things I plan on working on this year....but I refuse to call them new year resolutions!

1.) Saying please and thank you to the Hubs. So often I demand things without a "please"....ie: rub my feet, do the laundry, give me a facial.....what? ok, totally unrealistic demands....but if I were to demand a facial this year, it will start with please and end with thank you! I say please and thank you to friends and strangers regularly....why not my spouse?

2.) Go to the temple more. It's 5 minutes away from my house...it can't be THAT hard.

3.) Get to bed earlier a few nights a week. I'm a night owl, what can I say?


4.) Smiling more at my family and husband. Not that I never smile around them, of course I do...they're hilarious people. I mean like, when my husband walks in the door from work, there is going to be a big, radiant, genuine smile waiting for him. Because lets be honest, I AM happy to see him after 24 hours of being gone....so why not show it?!

5.) Graduate. Oh what a miracle it will be!

6.) And maybe if we're lucky, we'll have one of these to hold....



6.) And maybe if we're really lucky we will sell our house and buy a new one...while interest rates are low. One can always dream, right? Right.

No comments: